So in essence the scout:
- will have more spells
- will have have same HP
- will be better with the crossbow (in the long run)
- will have a little bit less armour
- will have better evade values (in the long run)
That does seem to need balancing.
1. Shield guard + GM Shield.
2. GM Warfare. Taunt mutliple enemies at once.
3. GM Axe. Extra Melee damage. Always great and works great with the Master Shield Ability.
4. GM Heavy Armor seems to better protect especially against crits.
5. If Crossbow will be as good as Bow is for the Ranger right now... Well, wasted Skillpoints.
6. Early on a Defender will be WAY more effective because the Scout is MAD.
3) Scout also can have GM Axe
4) True, but comes with penalty. So not necessarily better
5) True, but it will change for sure
Regarding HP and MP: So far I didnt read anything official that they will implement an automatic increase when leveling up.
3) Missed that one. My bad.
4) I'd think a GM won't have much of a penalty.
6) MAD=Multi Ability Dependent. A scout will need pretty much all abilities. A defender only needs Str, End a bit Prceision.
HP/MP on level up: https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/your-recent-questions-our-answers
Scout needs a more powerful and more synergetic active ability to be viable.
PS: Bug in picture? Shows mastery of Fire and Light but in text it says Fire and Earth?
That said, I'm not terribly worried about the scout making the defender obsolete, balance stuff can be worked out during early access. One thing I am concerned about is that they use near-identical equipment. I wonder if this will discourage, as an example, the use of a scout and defender in the same group, since both will be competing for axes.
Also I would suggest to go through all the nice ideas of the previous MMs and screen if some of those are suitable for MMX, e.g. via the great Wikis and Fanpages where spells, skills etc. are listed in very well structured way.
At least the special ability is no longer something the scout can do at level 1 with a spell.
The current spell system needs a major overhaul. Expert and mastery ranks only reducing enemy resistences is a bad idea because it does nothing for buff/healing and utility spells. One point in Spirit is not enough for even the weakes spell. Spells are way too expensive overall making mysticism a must have and so on.
Might & Magic X – Legacy Open Dev Blog is the link between the dev team and you. As we give you the opportunity to play the game at an early stage of development, we invite you to contribute to this great project. To do so, the dev team proposes you vote on a wide range of subjects: community dungeon, music, monster type and many more aspects! Furthermore on the Open Dev Blog you’ll gain great insight into the game development process, discovering work in progress materials and early concepts. Join the Open Dev Blog and make your opinion matter!
There are no votes going on right now.